POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : loop 'falling over' : Re: loop 'falling over' Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: loop 'falling over'
From: Graham
Date: 23 Jan 2009 09:55:00
Message: <web.4979d948166d13c07fae05f50@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> I think I preferred the colors in the original. The original seems to be
> gold whereas pillar_20 seems a bit more brassy.
> The dice in yahtzee seem to be loaded. :-)

They are both texture{Polished_Chrome}. In the original it is reflecting an
otherwise unseen yellow sky_sphere, and the latter is reflecting the bright
yellow sun and blue & white clouded sky_sphere, either directly (on the wall
and die tops), or through a texture{T_Glass1} lens, on the flat surface of
which the five dice rest, permitting a view of several distorted additional
reflections resulting from the curvature beneath. The reflected sun cutting
back between the dice towards the camera was serendipitous.

:) I thought that,
1) if I was going to call it Yahtzee it should display a five of a kind roll.
2) at 800x600, a 6 frame animated .gif was going to be large enough in this
   situation, without being too huge. That being said I have the bare bones
   of an idea based on several different povray animations - if I do it well
   enough it should induce vertigo in some. That one will be 1280x1024 and at
   least 360 frames. Actually, there will be two of them (again, if I do it
   well enough).

More later. :)