POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: clipka
Date: 23 Jan 2009 07:35:01
Message: <web.4979b893c995525de31c5aa90@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> It's also interesting that a blackhole is as obscure as the future and
> the objects farther away we can get a glimpse of are from a bright
> distant past that gets away from us under heavy acceleration...

Maybe we're all getting that one wrong, and the universe is actually far smaller
than we think. Maybe what we see "out there" is just one single "hypermassive"
black hole at the very other "side" of the universe - and it keeps sucking
spacetime away from us...?

Maybe what we see isn't the "big bang" after all, but the "big crunch"?

After all, there's still some quadrupole anomaly to explained in cosmic
background radiation; maybe a rotating hypermassive black hole would do the
job?

Now, why on earth - erm, I mean, why in the universe - would we happen to live
exactly on the opposite side of that hypermassive black hole? Good point -
maybe the anthropic principle comes into play here. Or maybe we're not, but
spacetime may have some weird symmetry that the distance to the HMBH measured
in one direction would automatically require the distance to it in the opposite
direction to be equal - which would explain the quadrupole anomaly.

(Okay, I'm back entirely in BS mode again now, too :))