POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: clipka
Date: 23 Jan 2009 06:00:00
Message: <web.4979a2f3c995525d9a7aaf540@news.povray.org>
> Do you go to the doctor to check if you have the flu, even if you have no
> symptoms? No, because lack of evidence is evidence to the contrary. :-)

LOL! I tried to find a good scientific example, but didn't come up with anything
good - yours hits the mark ;)

> > 2) Object to the notion of a singularity to be possible. This implies that
> >    GR equations do *not* work in all possible situations, and that they
> >    start to deviate in extreme conditions. However, no concrete evidence
> >    of this exists,
>
> Except fermions.

Well, even with fermions, it is questionable whether this is a problem with GR,
or rather with QM.

> I don't think anyone on p.o-t knows whether GR or QM is wrong for sure.

I think you can apply this theory to outside p.o-t as well... there's currently
little evidence to the contrary ;)