POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface help : Isosurface help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface help
From: sumdumguy
Date: 22 Jan 2009 01:40:01
Message: <web.497813d6c397323e3b34ecfe0@news.povray.org>
This is more or less a math question not syntax question. Still, I have killed
many hours on this and so maybe someone has an idea.
Say I have an isosurface:

#declare  P = function {x*x + y*y + z*z - 1}

isosurface {
        function {P(x*2,y*(1.05-y/6),z*2)}
        threshold 1
        accuracy 0.001
        max_gradient 200
        contained_by{sphere{<0,0,0>,3}}
        pigment {rgbt <0,1,0>}
}

This gives a stretched sphere where one side is squashed and the other
is more sharp. Now what I want to do is to modify this isosurface so that
there is also a bump on the surface, kind of like a wart on the nose.
Any ideas on how to do this would be appreciated.