POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: Noobulation! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:21:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Noobulation!
From: nemesis
Date: 18 Jan 2009 01:20:01
Message: <web.4972c9a8858d3959f49986c90@news.povray.org>
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
> > Right, now... oh yeah, now I have to actually *send* the letter. Damn,
> > now I remember why I've been holding off all this time. Writing letters
> > sucks! :-/
>
> Well, I got my CV finalised, and wrote *a* letter, but... man, it's
> taken me all afternoon! And it's *still* not that great... Jesus I suck
> at this! :-(

You are a truly intriguing dude.  How come you can't write a friggin' letter
when you post so much interesting or amusing content here all day long,
everyday?!  How come you feel stupid when you're clearly very well equipped in
math and programming?  More than 100 fracking EulerProject problems solved?!
gimme a break...

You may not be the most practical guy in your choices (Haskell rather than C
family languages used in the industry), but other than that you're not alone in
social ineptitude or job problems.

Do you read newspapers, not just the tech section or irrelevant locals?  Might
give you more awareness of what's going on with the world and how to prepare to
deal with it.

Anyway, if you can't find luck in your segment of the industry, how about a
change of area?  The IT industry makes me more depressed each year.  At first I
thought about computers: "What an exceptional tool for self-expression and
seeking of knowledge!", thinking of the many text editors, paint tools and 3D
and music software and the internet.  Today, though, the PC is nothing but an
ordinary magic box common people use just to play stupid games, exchange
standard one-liners with total strangers in search of sex and download
countless porn, bad movie, cheesy music and sucky TV show rips which will never
see the light of day except in a quick zapping through the whole load of shite
once in a while.

I'm thinking, you, being a shy guy, could find yourself perhaps at home in a
publishing house, with a job mostly dealing with writing, text revision or as
technical advisor or something like that.  Just an idea.  Regarding women:
forget love, it's just a stupid social contract.  If you are inexperienced,
just relax and go for a pro:  she'll know what to do and all you gotta do is
enjoy the ride. :)  Really, it'll make better to you than dance lessons with
old people.