POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : FYI: radiosity changes integrated : Re: FYI: radiosity changes integrated Server Time
7 May 2024 15:04:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FYI: radiosity changes integrated
From: clipka
Date: 17 Jan 2009 17:50:01
Message: <web.49725f93bea0b42dd3a05d570@news.povray.org>
stbenge <^@hotmail.com> wrote:
> But clipka seems to be
> concerned about the speed as well, so I probably have nothing to worry
> about :)

Rrrrright!

Radiosity is just about slow enough as it is (um, well, I mean, was in 3.6). I'd
have accepted a slowdown of something like factor 2 as a price for artifact-free
renders, because it would probably mean that old quality would be obtailable at
old speed by choosing different settings. But we're talking about factors of 10
or more.

I won't accept anything that looks like you can't get the same quality as 3.6 at
roughly the same speed.