POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : FYI: radiosity changes integrated : FYI: radiosity changes integrated Server Time
7 May 2024 06:51:19 EDT (-0400)
  FYI: radiosity changes integrated
From: TomAust
Date: 17 Jan 2009 07:55:01
Message: <web.4971d497997e4df5195cc4820@news.povray.org>
Hi,

this image shows a detail of a building rendered in Beta29/30 and Beta30rad1.
The whole rendering shows the complete building and has a resolution of
W4500xH3000.
Settings are equal except nearest_count and low_error_factor at the suggestion
of clipka:

radiosity
{
 pretrace_start 16/image_width
 pretrace_end 2/image_width
 count 500
 error_bound .1
 //nearest_count 1
 //low_error_factor 0.5
 recursion_limit 1
 normal on
 always_sample off
}

On Vista64
QuadCore @2.66GHz
the rendertime was 23min with Beta29/30
and 220min with Beta30rad1.

Another rendering from another side took 41min with Beta29/30
and 695min with Beta30rad1 (and was the reason why I hadn't enough patience to
use the XP32 machine with Core2Duo @2.4 ;). I've cancelled the process, after
making sure that the speedcomparison was as usual.)

As I mentioned in povray.beta-test the output looks better in b30rad1, if you
look for example into the opened window or under the roof.

Full of hope
TomAust

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'beta30_beta30rad1.jpg' (574 KB)

Preview of image 'beta30_beta30rad1.jpg'
beta30_beta30rad1.jpg