POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoseRay and Poser Lights : Re: PoseRay and Poser Lights Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoseRay and Poser Lights
From: clipka
Date: 16 Jan 2009 05:20:01
Message: <web.49705ee7dc400fd294bbb57b0@news.povray.org>
FlyerX <fly### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> In Poser 6 there are spot, infinite, point and IBL. PoseRay can read all
> except IBL. I just checked it and it works. If "global" is infinite then
> make sure that the lights are not coming from below and the ground is
> covering them.

I tried with Poser 7's standard scene lighting, which has 3 "global" lights, of
which 2 are above ground.

In addition, for light sources below the ground I'd expect PoseRay to still
import them, and that they'd just not work properly in POV-Ray in case I use a
ground plane.

> If you still have problems you can email me an empty
> poser file with the lights only and I could test it.

Did.

> Maybe there is a
> bug with some types of lights or maybe is the German version since I
> only tested with the US version. My email is on the bottom left of
> PoseRay's window.

I don't think this is a problem with the German version: In Poser, it seems that
i18n is done by some wrapper that just replaces certain keywords or keyphrases
(including item or category names in the library and such). An approach I
actually don't like at all, but it ensures compatibility on every level except
the UI wording.