POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : FYI: radiosity changes integrated : Re: FYI: radiosity changes integrated Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FYI: radiosity changes integrated
From: TomAust
Date: 16 Jan 2009 04:45:01
Message: <web.4970568fbea0b42d5d471dea0@news.povray.org>
> > I've got some 32-bit EXE's of the radiosity changes up at:
>
> Has anyone used these EXE's ?
>
> -- Chris

After a long time many greetings to all of you!
Special Thanks to Chris and clipka for the effort providing "new" radiosity!

The shading looks much more smooth, so better compared to Beta29/30.
Also indirect lighting in dimmed regions shows better contrast. Very good!
But rendertime seems to be many times over (~10x ) with Beta30rad1 (considering
clipka's setting hint about nearest_count and low_error_factor)...
.....at least for my actual rendering:
W4500 H3000
QuadCore @2.66GHz
Vista64(!),
but also for
Core2Duo @2.4GHz
on XP32

When running rendering is done I'll post some comparing details in p.b.i...

In gratitude
TomAust