POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Picasa and a 4200 image collection : Picasa and a 4200 image collection Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Picasa and a 4200 image collection
From: gregjohn
Date: 15 Jan 2009 18:40:01
Message: <web.496fc87665e11b4b34d207310@news.povray.org>
I've got a folder with some 4200 images, mostly PNG's, which represents a lot of
my attempts at art: most are iterative improvements on similar themes.  I sort
of need to see them all before I can decide which ones to delete.

Anyway, I can see them perfectly well in the Thumbnail view of Windows Explorer.
I really like Picasa's way of showing images, and the automatic tasks it lets
one do.  For this folder, however, I've been unable to get Picasa to recognize
the entire batch.  I have turned off the option of identifying duplicate
images. I have told it to look for PNG's, and it can see maybe 20% of them.
I've even tried uninstalling & reinstalling Picasa twice, but-- this is even
more maddening-- the total fraction that it sees varies with each reload. I've
got the folder in question on the subset which are to be "Watched Always." I've
updated thumbnails. I've even opened an "unseen" image with GIMP and resaved it.
  Nothing helps.

Q: Does Picasa just plain reek, or is there some trick to forcing its nose to
the carpet and looking at all the images in a folder?   Any tips on what could
be wrong with my images, such that Windows Explorer can see but not Picasa?

thanks!