POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : MRI Technicians and 3D data formats : MRI Technicians and 3D data formats Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  MRI Technicians and 3D data formats
From: gregjohn
Date: 15 Jan 2009 18:30:00
Message: <web.496fc69ce29a105934d207310@news.povray.org>
Twice I've had MRI's in the past year.  Both times I tried to strike up a
conversation about getting my own copy of the data in a 3D format.  Both times
I struck out. Neither of them knew what DXF was.  One of them said that the end
product report featured a "rotatable" view of the examined structure, "but it's
not 3D."

Of course, I just wanted my own copy to play in 3D, but I'm wondering if I'm
just using language they don't understand, or if I've totally misunderstood
what (and WHEN in the analysis process) there is "3D" data.

Q: Has anyone ever gotten say a DXF file of their knee to play with?  How did
you get it, and when did you ask?