POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : solar system orrery ver1 : Re: solar system orrery ver1 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:51:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: solar system orrery ver1
From: clipka
Date: 14 Jan 2009 06:20:01
Message: <web.496dc9fd6fd6ebf6bdc576310@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omniverse charter net> wrote:
> Look at http://planetpixelemporium.com/planets.html for full-sized planet
> image maps. I hadn't intended to zoom the view into planet surfaces but you
> might. In fact, asteroid Ceres uses a different Pluto rendition (and Pluto
> is Jupiter's moon Ganymede!).

Not surprisingly, NASA has a lot of image maps as well; best thing: As a
government organization, they make them available for free to everyone and any
use.

They also provide a lot of stuff post-processed "ready for use" these days - and
they have the highest resolution you can get to date.

It may take a few googling attempts though to get to the right places - nasa.gov
is quite a big site :).