POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Freebie spotting : Re: Freebie spotting Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:45:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Freebie spotting
From: clipka
Date: 11 Jan 2009 12:25:00
Message: <web.496a2a4f280c41103dcb84c80@news.povray.org>
"Grassblade" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> First off, Renderosity has a huge freebie section:
> http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/search.php

Lots of stuff indeed - but why do I get the impression that it's mostly junk?
Seems to be the #1 place for free "naughty" stuff - at least that's what people
appear to be downloading most.

> http://www.sharecg.com also has a huge selection of freebies.

Do they have anything that is *not* free??
Looks like 100% hobbyist work to me, but quite good stuff among it as it seems.

> RuntimeDNA:
> http://www.runtimedna.com/news.php?viewStory=1090

Less free stuff overall, but less junk as well.

> Content Paradise:
> http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/search.php?free=1

Good quality even with freebies.

> DAZ (you need to be logged in):
> http://free.daz3d.com/free_weekly/archive_list.php

Hint: You need to subscribe to their newsletter to access these. Looks like a
collection of models that didn't make it into the shop.