POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Radiosity testing : Re: Radiosity testing Server Time
27 Apr 2024 21:51:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity testing
From: clipka
Date: 10 Jan 2009 03:50:00
Message: <web.496860a796903692f3c0a050@news.povray.org>
"Mike Hough" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
> Did a little testing of the radiosity in beta 30.

I suggest not wasting too much time examining performance of radiosity in beta
30, as it is just a beta 29 with a longer "life expectancy" (hm... the term
"beta decay" just comes to my mind ;))

The coming beta will have enough changes in radiosity code to make any
observations in this are perfectly obsolete - both regarding how good your
settings have to be to get rid of artifacts, as well as how long it then takes
to render.

(I can't promise that the "overhauled" radiosity code will be faster than the
beta.29 code in everyday practice - that's what it needs beta testing for - but
I'm sure it will behave significantly different from the beta.29.)