POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Help needed : Re: Help needed Server Time
3 May 2024 05:54:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed
From: Kenneth
Date: 8 Jan 2009 07:50:00
Message: <web.4965f4502c05c2aaf50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"Meothuru" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> In the center of this model, I want to place a dark-blue, glossy
> sphere, encased by a red aura. Whereas the red aura should
> on the top more bright....and of course this should looking
> very magical.

> So I want to ask you....how can I do it better ?

I was wondering about your cylindrical pattern. I think there is a better (and
more controllable) way to get what you want. Here is what I came up with; it
uses two spherical densities, combined in an 'averaged' density_map. It also
shows that you can scale, translate and even rotate an individual density
inside your media sphere.

Replace your 'aura' sphere with this, and see how you like it.

Ken W.

-------

//*PMName Red Aura
   sphere {<0, 0, 0>, 1 // don't scale it here--a spherical pattern
// is designed to exactly 'fill' a 1-unit-radius sphere. Scale the entire
// sphere later.
      hollow
      pigment {color rgbt 1}
      interior {