POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sun/earth/moon/day/night : Re: sun/earth/moon/day/night Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sun/earth/moon/day/night
From: triple r
Date: 8 Jan 2009 02:35:00
Message: <web.4965ab7d4590b7f0ef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
gvdeynde <gvd### [at] gmailcom> wrote:Do you know of a site or
> reference work where I could get approximate data (good enough for this
> purpose of an educational animation) for the astronomy data?

It's good for a lot more than rough approximations, but to the best of my
knowledge, ephemeris data is the definitive source:

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/TYPE/TYPE.html

You might try searching for interactive simulations too.  I know I've seen
models you can fly around in before, but I can't remember the name.

 - Ricky