POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:07:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: nemesis
Date: 6 Jan 2009 17:20:00
Message: <web.4963d83e38d99482e44542980@news.povray.org>
> On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 15:50:19 -0500, nemesis wrote:
>
> >> The same God that said "go forth and multiply"? So you shouldn't be
> >> able to get married if you can't have children?
> >
> > That's a misunfortunate event for some couples, not like they don't try
> > hard.
>
> You know, I'm going to try really hard not to take that personally,
> because some people are simply physically incapable of having kids.

I know that and they are the ones I'm talking about.  I don't know why you'd
take that personally as I don't know you sufficiently well nor was after
personal insults, Jim.

> Your lack of knowledge about the Mormon faith is pretty deep, it would
> seem.  Do you even know what Mormons believe?

I read the whole wikipedia article some months ago.  Very interesting.
Specially as it seems to be the first Holy Book covered by copyright!  I guess
L. Ron Hubbard got his inspiration...

All in all, specially the inacurate "visions" of native continental america,
it's a very american thing.

> Some say that Judiaism and Christianity are man-made myths.

Yes, like you and Darren, constantly. :)

> Defend that
> they're not and that Mormonism is - prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that
> Christ didn't visit North America after he was crucified, but prove that
> he is in fact the Son of God.

Jesus is supposed to come back just at the end of times, why would he be roaming
about America?  Why would he come to the USA out of all places?  Does it have
bigger sins than other places on Earth?

It just doesn't make any sense.  Well, more than any other religion, anyway...