POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: nemesis
Date: 6 Jan 2009 16:35:00
Message: <web.4963cdb438d99482e44542980@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> There are people who seem to have both or neither or have one but all
> other characteristics of the opposite sex. There are boys that in
> puberty transform into females. You have XY females, XX males, persons
> with three sex chromosomes, XXY and XXX (I think both sort of females
> (sorry, don't feel like googling today)) and IIRC also the persons with
> only a single sex chromosome survive, etc etc. And we are not even
> talking about transgender surgery.

Those are freaks.  These are sinners. ;)

Guess the freaks may have the option to decide by themselves.

> So whatever you choose there will
> always be persons that you cannot define or that others will consider to
> be of the opposite sex with just as much reason. Hence, even if for the
> large majority you can with reasonable certainty say what gender they
> have, the concepts are fundamentally undefined.

Look, man (?).  Perhaps one day our descendants won't even know what sex is,
being just streams of couscious bytes roaming freely through a hardware network
encopassing all of our galaxy and perhaps more.  Until that day, man is whatever
gives sperm and woman whatever takes it to give birth to a new being.