POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: nemesis
Date: 6 Jan 2009 15:55:00
Message: <web.4963c40b38d99482e44542980@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> > It's not that.  According to Christian/Jewish religion, to the tale of Adam and
> > Eve, God made man and woman and made them so that they complement each other
> > and turn into one flesh by the institution of marriage.
>
> The same God that said "go forth and multiply"? So you shouldn't be able to
> get married if you can't have children?

That's a misunfortunate event for some couples, not like they don't try hard.

Oh, you're talking about 2 guys!  Well, science eventually will get around that.
 Science already permit many men to pretend they are women, by taking away the
penis, slashing away a vagina and drinking many hormonal beverages for the
breasts.  It doesn't change the fact that they were given a role in this world
as men and are not fulfilling it.

> We're not talking about religion here. We're talking about fundamental human
> rights.

Right.

> The Mormon god says Africans are decedents of Satan or some such.
> Does that mean we should reinstitute segregation?

No, Mormonism is a man-made myth.  OTOH, in the Old Testment YAWEH ordened many
tribes to be slaghtered by the Jews.  It seems they still listen to an enraged
YAWEH even to this day.

And yes, I realize this is where you want to get:  that homossexualism shouldn't
be condemned because all religions are just man-made myths, in your view.  From
a humanitarian perspective I agree, which is why I'm not against their civil
rights.