POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: nemesis
Date: 6 Jan 2009 09:45:01
Message: <web.49636d9038d99482e44542980@news.povray.org>
> Todd and Ron getting married doesn't make me love my wife any less or
> think less of the nearly 13 years we've been married.

It's not that.  According to Christian/Jewish religion, to the tale of Adam and
Eve, God made man and woman and made them so that they complement each other
and turn into one flesh by the institution of marriage.  According to Jewish
religion, it's thus a sacred institution, the words of God.

Now, people not happy with it will try to twist the meanings of "man" and
"woman" and try to create men's laws to accept it in society.  That's their
right, of course.  It's also their right to try to create new religions that
suit their needs rather than trying to twist milenar religions into accepting
twisted definitions of the words of God.  They will call it the work of Satan.