POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Why is Povray 3.7 for Windows installed in such a stupid place? : Re: Why is Povray 3.7 for Windows installed in such a stupid place? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is Povray 3.7 for Windows installed in such a stupid place?
From: nemesis
Date: 4 Jan 2009 20:50:00
Message: <web.496166efdc46c7bfe44542980@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
> > Can't you just move it elsewhere after installed?  This is why I like zip
> > packages best rather than installers...
>
> If you could, there would be no need for an installer! There's surely lots
> of registry settings.

registry... meh! XP

In Linux you can locally install a whole database server under an unprivileged
user's directory and work just fine for development purposes.  The power of
ambient variables and simple text file configuration settings...

Sometimes abstracting away too many details from the user is a bad idea... but
this is not a fault of povray, it's a Windows issue.