POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Quick way to darken an object? : Re: Quick way to darken an object? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick way to darken an object?
From: clipka
Date: 24 Dec 2008 12:05:00
Message: <web.49526bb175b63ad3568ffff50@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> This makes me wonder whether a camera_group would be possible. I.e., render one
> object using an perspective camera, and another using an orthographic camera.
>
> -Mike

Oh-oh... that sounds to me like it would be an ugly mess :)

You'd very soon run into specification problems: Would you want to adapt the
concept of "distance" for each camera? If so, in what way? If not, you'd most
certainly get perception-of-depth issues in animations. How about reflections
of the object? Without any further messing around, it will seem somewhere else
in mirrors than in the "main show"...

I wouldn't know what it would be good for either. But depending on what you are
up to, maybe you should have a look at MegaPOV - it allows you to define
additional cameras, the "output" of which you can use as patterns.