POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent object : Transparent object Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:59 EDT (-0400)
  Transparent object
From: Delfo
Date: 23 Dec 2008 08:35:00
Message: <web.4950e8a2149533f3998813760@news.povray.org>
Hi everybody
I would like to make a previously-declared object transparent. Since my idea is
to have this object appearing both in transparent and solid version, I would
like to know if there is a way to make it transparent without having to change
ALL the colors in all sub-instances of said object.
So far I've tried

#declare MyObj=object {prev_declared_object
                       hollow
                       transmit 0.6}

but the object appears as solid as if normally instanced...Is there a way to
override the previous transparency with new settings, or shall I manually
change all rgb declarations into rgbt?
Thanks