POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity: status & SMP idea : Re: Radiosity: status & SMP idea Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity: status & SMP idea
From: clipka
Date: 22 Dec 2008 12:10:00
Message: <web.494fc98bb480f792569d0e9f0@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> It's a pain in the ass to try to replicate functional programming in heavily
> imperative languages, yes.  I'm sure Haskell would deal with it much more
> gracefully. ;)

As POV-ray is unfortunately(???) *not* programmed in Haskell, and most likely
will not be in near future, your point is a bit moot ;)

(I'd be a bit curious though to see how a Haskell-based raytracer would perform
overall, compared with POV 3.6 (C), or the current beta (C/C++ in every sense
of the slash)...)

I heard tell that Erlang is a good language to write distributed code, too...