POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Copyright and sequels of 'Les Misérables' : Re: Copyright and sequels of 'Les =3D?UTF-8?B?TWlzw6lyYWJsZXMn?=3D Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright and sequels of 'Les =3D?UTF-8?B?TWlzw6lyYWJsZXMn?=3D
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Dec 2008 19:25:00
Message: <web.494d8c8e8f77529c9d71bcdf0@news.povray.org>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/3852586/Victor-Hugos-family-loses-battle-to-ban-sequels.html

> Frankly I'm amazed that people find something there to debate.

Indeed.  Isn't that quite like the sequels to "Gone with the Wind" in the USA?

Personally, I'd love to see fan-made reworks of classical cartoon characters,
but Disney and company just don't let them go.  Disney is like a walking corpse
and the copyright will never expire...