POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : SIGINT : Re: SIGINT Server Time
16 May 2024 22:34:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SIGINT
From: clipka
Date: 19 Dec 2008 13:10:00
Message: <web.494be2c237a2ed0de71a54f80@news.povray.org>
> Within a script, I don't believe so, because the ctrl+c would interrupt
> the invoked bash shell (scripts don't run in the shell they're launched
> from IIRC, they're launched in a child shell).

Depends on whether you launch them via ". foo.sh" or just "foo.sh".

The former has the script run in your current shell (which by the way prevents
you from running it in the background), while the latter starts a new instance
of /bin/bash to run the thing.

I'm new to Linux administration, but I did quite some unser-side Unix stuff some
years a go... and I still have a reference book from back then :)
(Unfortunately it seems to be wrong, outdated or otherwise lacking on a few
details - like "nohup" not blocking SIGINT; according to the book it should,
along with SIGSTP... *sigh*)