POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lightcuts : Re: Lightcuts Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightcuts
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Dec 2008 06:00:02
Message: <web.4946385cfbdb531ac44051d10@news.povray.org>
Two more radiosity renderings.  Thankfully, after some half-hour of
pre-calculating, taking shots from other angles is a breeze.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/7061/lightcutstest4radioxv4.jpg
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3884/lightcutstest4radio2dh3.jpg

I increased the mesh resolution of the ground, so the shadow of the ear is more
visible, though still faint.  I'd guess it has to do with the fact that sharp
shadows are not really possible with radiosity.

Also, while not seen in none of these scenes, there's quite a bright spot in the
ceiling, no doubt contributing for the shadow below.  It is itself illuminated
by some of the ground outside (I put the floor as a plane rather than part of
the cubic room).