POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lightcuts : Re: Lightcuts Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightcuts
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Dec 2008 04:40:00
Message: <web.49462598fbdb531ac44051d10@news.povray.org>
> This makes the colour of the outside completely wrong, of course - it would need
> to be hundreds of times brighter to be believable.

Yes, sorry.  Blender's default background is that color.  I just didn't change
it and it looks dark outside.  It has no influence on the lighting, though.

I did provide a link to the radiosity version where I also took the time to
change the background to some more sunny-day look-alike. :)

Yes, the shadows are very sharp and pronounced and I'm not quite sure wether
it's because there's too much brightness, the Blender implementation is still
buggy or whatnot.  Don't you guys think it's funny though when we begin
wondering wether a synthetic image is correct or our own assumptions about how
it should work in real life? ;)