POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Solid meshes in CSG : Re: Solid meshes in CSG Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Solid meshes in CSG
From: clipka
Date: 14 Dec 2008 10:35:00
Message: <web.494527107b08f33b7a798a10@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > -mesh normals are properly defined and oriented
>
>   I don't think that has any effect on CSG calculations.

Probably not; it will become a problem though for meshes with a different inside
texture, some optimizations for artifact suppression (if there are, or ever
might be, such things) might fail to kick in, and I'd expect it to have the
potential of messing up one's bump maps, so it's generally a good idea to keep
one's eyes peeled for such issues.