POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : out of date tutorials : Re: out of date tutorials Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: out of date tutorials
From: Reactor
Date: 11 Dec 2008 16:45:01
Message: <web.49418955b7ea4f86353f48a70@news.povray.org>
"Lace" <lab### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> As a new user I have come to the conclusion that most of these tutorials in POV
> are either non-existent (website not found) or very out of date. The best
> tutorial I have found is at
> http://library.thinkquest.org/3285/tutorial/simple.html and it is dated 1996.
> That is pretty bad...
> Just thought I'd bring this up so that someone out there in POV world can maybe
> update a new tutorial guide for those who are newbies. Thank you for your time
> and patience :)
>
> ~lace~

While the wiki is temporarily down, I think that will ultimately be the best
resource for povray tutorials.  As a newer user, you can be especially helpful
in this by listing things that you found difficult or wish had been explained
better.  I believe, either on one of the talk pages or elsewhere, there is
space set aside for requesting a articles.  Even if your list is just a few
quick notes here or there, it can be very helpful to have them listed as what
should be written about.

-Reactor