POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rune's particle system not working : Re: Rune's particle system not working Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:28:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rune's particle system not working
From: SharkD
Date: 10 Dec 2008 01:10:00
Message: <web.493f5c69547404e42c4b57320@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I have an old scene that makes use of Rune's particle system. However, in POV
> 3.7 the particles are not appearing. Does anyone know what might have been
> changed to keep it from working and how I might fix it? Here's an example of an
> reported error that might offer some clues:
>
> Particle system "explosion_a" is called.
>  - Number of currently active particles: 0
>  - Particle system finished.
>
> -Mike

I did some testing, and determined that the problem is due to the search path
when including files.

For example, say that your scene file is located in Directory A, and it includes
a file located in Directory B. This include file, however, includes a *third*
file that is located in Directory A. In POV 3.6 this is entirely possible. In
POV 3.7 this doesn't work.

-Mike