POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : colour and texture : Re: colour and texture Server Time
1 May 2024 07:35:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: colour and texture
From: The FD
Date: 8 Dec 2008 11:30:00
Message: <web.493d4a98a54ca8e0d3bf6faf0@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> This is the wrong group for this question.  This group is for discussion of
> the POV-Ray source code, not general questions of using POV-Ray.  Questions
> about using POV-Ray should be asked/made in either povray.general or
> povray.newusers.

I am sorry for misposting, I will post elswhere next time I have to.

Thank you Roman for your tips, indeed the figure you built is what I wanted as a
basic. Now this going to be part of an animation and the color of the top and
bottom cylinders may vary from the left end to the right end in a "non-linear
manner", which is why I may need to act directly on given short cylinder.
Moreover the top cylinder and the bottom one way not be reciprocal.
I will probably mix up your version and mine, thank you for this.

Anyway I guess I have a lot more to do with povray before I get to the final
version of my thing. You will probably hear again from me before long... in the
right forum next time hopefully.