POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : colour and texture : Re: colour and texture Server Time
1 May 2024 03:46:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: colour and texture
From: clipka
Date: 8 Dec 2008 08:10:00
Message: <web.493d1c37a54ca8e0540144e00@news.povray.org>
"The_FD" <nicolas dot bourdillon at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a beginner in povray. For instance I have a problem of texture and color
> for very simple objects that I cannot handle with. Here is how it goes:

I didn't have time to go into the details of your code, but obviously you're
using transparency with different colors, and from your description I gather
that your objects probably touch and intersect.

This effectively makes your scene a CSG scene; but doing CSG with transparent
objects of *different* colors is not really what I'd call a beginner thing.

Try pulling all the components of your scene apart (far enough so they don't
touch anymore), and see if the problem with the washed-out colors still
persists. If not, it is a CSG related effect. In that case, encapsulating all
your single elements in a "merge" object could help.