POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bump Map Madness : Re: Bump Map Madness Server Time
16 May 2024 19:58:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bump Map Madness
From: Kenneth
Date: 5 Dec 2008 13:20:01
Message: <web.4939708ef7160dff78dcad930@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> > Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me (which is possible, of course!), I still
> > cannot get your red and green areas to look *wrong*, no matter what I try. Blue
> > and gray, yes; red and green, no.
>
> That's really weird! Which version of POV are you using?

32-bit 3.6.1c on 32-bit Windows, but running on a 64-bit AMD machine. (The
pvengine is v3.6.1.3)

I'll try another animation, with a different light orbital plane, and see if
that produces anything on the green and red ones.

BTW, I'm definitely seeing that odd 'light angle misdirection' on the blue and
gray areas--and it's 'consistent' in my animation (i.e., traveling around with
the orbiting light as it should.)

KW