POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs : Re: Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shopping for TVs
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 3 Dec 2008 08:55:01
Message: <web.49368e567b4e4708d5b77e4a0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> The problem is, after 4 months the battery in a laptop stops working, so
> it must be permanently connected to the mains anyway.

I know others have commented, but let's add to the statistics. My Macbook is
nearly 3 years old and still runs for 2-3 hours on a full battery. To be fair,
it's more like 1-2 hours if I'm using the wireless and/or intermittently
rendering, which is most of the time :). If I'm rendering continuously it won't
last more than an hour, but that's not so different from when it was new.

I tend to plug it in when it gets nearly empty, then use it connected until I'm
done for the evening then put it to sleep. I also hardly ever turn it off, not
sure if that makes any difference.

Bill