POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bump Map Madness : Re: Bump Map Madness Server Time
29 Apr 2024 10:52:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bump Map Madness
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 2 Dec 2008 04:35:01
Message: <web.49350052f7160dffd5b77e4a0@news.povray.org>
I've had a good long look but I don't see any bumpmap problems. The blue bump
does indeed appear to be the reverse of the others, but this looks like a
normals issue to me, as Tim mentioned. I see no 'sideways' distortion at all,
and all the coloured bumps appear to be consistent between the various copies.

Apart from the direction-reversing, this looks perfectly fine.

There is, however, a problem with your vertices - assuming you were trying for 8
squares per quarter-face, these vertices aren't correct. Some of the vertices in
the coloured squares are off-line, producing a chevron-like indent on many of
the quarter-faces. I see this clearly in the image too.