POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A curios phenominon : Re: A curios phenominon Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A curios phenominon
From: nemesis
Date: 30 Nov 2008 13:25:01
Message: <web.4932d9d2213e6bacaad819490@news.povray.org>
> I can't help feeling that you would have to be really, *really* bored to
> write such a huge amount of text to say that you don't like something. I
> mean, really, if you hate the music of the Chemical Brothers so much...
> why expend so much effort talking about it? I simple "I didn't like this
> much" would suffice. :-P
>
> It just seems a little strange to me. Sure, people are going to write
> long epics about how much they *like* things, but dislikes??

People like to talk about what they like and also what they dislike, perhaps
even more the latter, going long ways to explain in minutiae why they don't
like it.  Gossip, anyone?

I like the Chemical Brothers, but I don't think this style of electronic music
should be judged by "melodic lines" like the dude did:  electronica allows for
far more vast musical landscapes than any acoustic music.

BTW, people who urge for music with "melodic lines" in "songs" also tend not
enjoy Bach and most harmony-first-melody-last classical music either.  And
these people are boring. :P