POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Animation performance : Re: Animation performance Server Time
27 Apr 2024 16:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation performance
From: SharkD
Date: 26 Nov 2008 10:40:01
Message: <web.492d6caa2490b69e17cbfe210@news.povray.org>
Brent Fraser <bfr### [at] geoanalyticcom> wrote:
>   For the rendering of this particular fly-thru movie, we distribute ("by hand") 15
.pov scripts between 6 to 10 comp
uters.  Each script produces around 150 frames (which we then assemble into a 15 fps
movie).  These computers take abou
t 2 to 3 days to render all the frames.  Adding more RAM to the computers may help,
but I'd like to investigate changes
 to POV-Ray first.

If there were any alternative render farm options (see the "Render Farms"
thread), I would suggest them instead. But there aren't at the moment.

-Mike