POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : help - PO forward ray tracing : help - PO forward ray tracing Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  help - PO forward ray tracing
From: tsachi
Date: 23 Nov 2008 14:25:00
Message: <web.4929ad9e60de6686bde1374c0@news.povray.org>
I am currently working on a UTD MOM hybrid solver.
This is a solver for an electromagnetic waves that uses an hybrid method between
geometrical optics and direct solving of the maxwell equations.
In the part of the geometrical optics I am planning to use direct ray tracing
(source to camera/point of measurement).
My brother suggested I consult this website, and use parts of the ray tracer as
a base for my program.
I have encountered a problem understanding direct ray tracing.
Unlike in backward ray tracing, the number of rays entering every pixel is not
fixed (depends on the geometry and the density of the incoming rays).
Say I double the incoming ray density so I will get a double number of rays
hitting every pixel, but the actual number of rays is dependent on the
geometry.
So how do I normalize the value inside the pixel?
Any one knows a good forward ray tracing tutorials that could help me?