POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tiling hexagons : Re: Tiling hexagons Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiling hexagons
From: SharkD
Date: 21 Nov 2008 16:35:01
Message: <web.4927288c1539762d649111430@news.povray.org>
Dan Connelly <djc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> SharkD wrote:
>
> > Alright! Here's a simple scene that shows everything in action.
>
> Ahh!  I understand.  I had thought this had something to do with the hexagon
pattern.....  using image maps to fill e
ach of the three reference hexagons.

> This reminds me of the issue of finding orthogonal basis vectors for hexagonal
crystals.  But of course it's the same
 thing.

> Dan

I forgot to implement your tip of using the exact camer aspect ratio of
2*cos(pi/6)/1. Here's the corrected code. Thanks again for your help?

camera
{
 #local CameraDistance = 10;
 #local ScreenArea = sqrt(2*pow(1,2));