POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Coloring an object with r,g,b,t df3 files : Coloring an object with r,g,b,t df3 files Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Coloring an object with r,g,b,t df3 files
From: uekstrom
Date: 19 Nov 2008 15:25:00
Message: <web.492475f9fdddf9f1be88af0f0@news.povray.org>
Dear all,
is it possible to color an object by giving separate df3 files for the red,
blue, green and transparent/filter components? I have tried layering textures
with different color maps, but I can't seem to get it right. If someone has an
example I would be very grateful. This is for a scientific visualization
project where I want to color an isosurface, depending on a function that is
practically impossible to calculate inside Povray. I precompute this function
and save the colors I want into r,g,b,t df3 files.

Regards,
Ulf Ekstrom