POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eat my dust Godel, Escher, Bach : Re: Eat my dust Godel, Escher, Bach Server Time
5 May 2024 23:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eat my dust Godel, Escher, Bach
From: Woody
Date: 17 Nov 2008 18:45:00
Message: <web.49220159625722e149b4acd50@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Woody" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I put the scene file in the binaries at
> > <web.4920b79c1a0225801695baba0@news.povray.org>
>
> So the only requirements for the technique to work in every case are that the
> font be monospace and that each letter touch all four edges at some point?
>
> Do you mind if I work on the scene and upload it in macro form to the Object
> Collection?
>
> -Mike

Go right ahead.

I don't know if what you say is the defining rule. I consider it more of an art
than a science.

You might try doing a CSG on each individual blocks rather than a CSG on all
blocks at once. The advantage being that a CSG on all five blocks would put
more constraints on the shapes.

That is I could've probably obtained a shadow of a "G" without using a CSG
intersection on the letter "G" itself, but rather had the shadow be a
combination of 5 different shadows. Will try to upload an example when able.

-Jeff