POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another Toccata : Re: Another Toccata Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Toccata
From: nemesis
Date: 16 Nov 2008 19:25:00
Message: <web.4920b9b2ce9f2948b1532a2b0@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o
>
> There seem to be more harmonies to it than what's on my sheet.

Hmm, perhaps some of them are for those pedals.  Organ is amazing, the guy has
to play with both hands and feet! :D

BTW, do you know what software is used to produce those graphics?  It's very
interesting to see the structure of music in time this way, something
traditional musical notation can't convey quite well...

> Counterpoint and harmony is something I have never been able to master.
> This saddens me greatly.

Hardly anyone gets it right.  But then, I just play the piano works, I have no
ambition nor talent of surpassing the old folks... if it's possible anyway.

> And Widor's Toccata *opens with* triple forte. It's a loud, bold, joyous
> piece of music. It cannot be played quietly. ;-)

I listened to it.  Truly magnificent.