POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another Toccata : Re: Another Toccata Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Toccata
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Nov 2008 19:15:00
Message: <web.491f6524ce9f29483c5d60fd0@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
>
> > I'm still to see the other.  You play pretty nicely.  Next, try the
> > Busoni edition. ;)
>
> ...?

It was an adaptation for the piano by the late 19th.  It's way harder. ;)

> By the way, I looked up "fugue" on Wikipedia. It's quite interesting. It
> seems a fugue is basically a musical fractal. How neat is that?

Yes, basically.  Bach excelled at fugues.  He was the most mathematician of all
musicians. :D

> I can play really well, UNLESS I HAVE AN AUDIENCE! o_O

Wow!  And you tell you're shy! O_o

> You think playing the piano is bad! Try walking into a large, deserted
> stone building and playing an instrument so loud that people a few
> blocks away can hear it when you miss a note! ._.
>
> Nervous? Hell yeah!

I can't imagine how you withstand it!

When all I had was an acoustic piano, I tried by all means to play pianissimo so
that other people wouldn't listen to my errors. :P

Now I have a digital piano.  Ah, earphones... :)