POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Vista 64bit with 8gb ram and Povray : Vista 64bit with 8gb ram and Povray Server Time
29 Apr 2024 02:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Vista 64bit with 8gb ram and Povray
From: slongay
Date: 13 Nov 2008 22:25:01
Message: <web.491ceec8a093d965dc638afc0@news.povray.org>
Hi, I was just looking into upgrading my workstation and had a few questions.
The system I am looking at getting will have 8gb of ram and will be running
vista 64bit business edition. My question first is has anyone had issues with
POVRay 64bit on a configuration like this and second will POVRay be able to
take advantage of all 8gb of ram? ( or at least 7gb as I think windows takes
1gb for its self)

Thanks
-Steve