POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eat my dust Godel, Escher, Bach : Re: Eat my dust Godel, Escher, Bach Server Time
19 May 2024 04:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eat my dust Godel, Escher, Bach
From: Woody
Date: 13 Nov 2008 17:00:01
Message: <web.491ca2aa625722e149b4acd50@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>
> > Cool. I tried to do this once using CSG to cut the letters out of a
> > block and gave up before I could get it working. Looks like your method
> > works better.
>
> I'll have to play with this at home, but I think it should be feasable
> with intersection ... I'll see if I can get my initials in a block like
> that.
>
> --
> ~Mike

I will try to get the source up as soon as I get home on Friday, to show you the
technical method.

Until then I can just say that each "letter" outline is not random. It's alot
easier to do it with only two letters, but when there are three its a lot less
controllable.

Originally the vertical bar for the J was in the center, but this messed up the
G. I also had the J and W, E and O, F and O, F and D in the same cubes, that is
only 4 with no solid squares. This also produced some funky shapes.