POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Go figure! (again) : Re: Go figure! (again) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Go figure! (again)
From: alphaQuad
Date: 12 Nov 2008 13:30:01
Message: <web.491b1f13607813b33f297fb40@news.povray.org>
"Mike the Elder" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> The last time that I broached the subject of adding human figures to my POV-Ray
> work, I became so frustrated that I just gave up and went back to working
> figure-free.
>
> Finally, what about whole new alternatives I might be missing?
>
> Thanks in advance for all replies.
>
> Best Regards,
> Mike C.

My idea was to script the constructions of all curves via the quad curve func:

  ; r=xwidthradius b=yheightofarc and r==b for circle

click in 2 2D curves on a BG-image, rotate one curve 90 degrees and fill with
the quadfunc, price: your free time. of course my first obj was one of my
favorite one(s).
1st attempt:
http://home.earthlink.net/~openuniverse/smooth_reductr279.png