POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Aircraft Animation Request for Help : Re: Aircraft Animation Request for Help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Aircraft Animation Request for Help
From: Bridgeofstraws
Date: 12 Nov 2008 12:45:00
Message: <web.491b15a3cebc012ea0b05b620@news.povray.org>
Just so everyone knows, I haven't been working on my jet for 6 months straight.
Not even close.  I started it 6 months ago and have been very slowly adding to
it.  So, Leroy I'm sure your airplane is just as good as mine is.  Dan and
Scott, I'm so grateful for all of your help so far.  I'm looking at the google
books article right now and it looks like exactly what I need.

Also, in case anyone is interested here is some background on my jet fighter:

The jet fighter is a cross between a F22 and F15.  It is called an M22 (atleast
for now) which is because M is my first initial and 22 is my favorite number.
The plane has three versions, a CSG version, an isosurface version and a mesh
version that is generated from the isosurface by an include file made by
someone else (whose name I can't remember now but I have it written down
somewhere).
Just last week I added an exhaust nozzle and a flame, and I'm working on adding
a smoke trail using Rune Johansen's particle system.  The smoke trail is
actually the entire reason I started this topic because in order to generate a
smoke trail you need an animation.  And this seemed like the perfect time to
figure out where the center of the aircraft should be located so that when I
tell the jet to follow a spline, its flight will look realistic.

Anyways, thanks again for the help.  I'll hopefully post a picture of my jet
with a smoke trail before Christmas.

Bridgeofstraws