POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl) : Re: Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photorrealism (Portrait of a Girl)
From: gregjohn
Date: 10 Nov 2008 22:55:01
Message: <web.491901d644dd31cd34d207310@news.povray.org>
"B. Gimeno" <bgi### [at] lycoses> wrote:>

> Please, I'm not a malignant troll trying to turn fire between this or any other
> forum, so think before responding to this post or CGTalk.com.

Okay, I'll be a malignant troll and comment on the image. What's the point?  As
one post said in the thread, why not just bring along a camera?  I think that
with too much attempts at realism in CG, you're either in the Uncanny Valley,
or you're so realistic it raises the question of why don't you use photograph a
model.