POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Aircraft Animation Request for Help : Aircraft Animation Request for Help Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Aircraft Animation Request for Help
From: Bridgeofstraws
Date: 10 Nov 2008 19:55:01
Message: <web.4918d772433c235f26ba04860@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I have been working on a jet fighter model for over 6 months now and I have come
to the point where it is worthy to be animated.  The only thing is, I have no
idea where the rotation point of the plane should be.  Let me elaborate.  From
my understanding, an airplane may rotate along the yaw axis (the rotation the
rudder controls), the roll axis (which is controlled by the ailerons), and last
the pitch axis (controlled by the elevators).  In most diagrams I've seen these
three axis of rotation meet at a single point and this is the point I don't
know how to find.  My only guess is that it would be the centroid.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Bridgeofstraws